My adventures in baby food continues……. Now why didn’t I do this with my first, well I worked my ass off and was a single mother. No time. Now that I have the time and learning that you can steam veggies, mash them up…..equals great baby food for pennies. Saving a lot of money going this direction. Bye, bye baby jars. You are cute though…
So my little one has had some sweet potatoes and avocodoes….oh and rice of course. She loves both. I need to take some pictures of my super easy baby food making. Next time I will.
At the moment all I have is a blender, not a fancy blender by any means…but it works. However, I do have this pretty kick ass attachment for a soup pot that steam veggies. Perfect!!!
1) I cut up my veggies, I used sweat potatoes, and steam those bad boys
2) When they are soft I shove them in the blender
3) Add 2 scoops of formula
4) Add some water so it blends up good
5) Turn the bad boy on…zzzzzooooomzmmm it’s pretty noisy
6) Scope the bastard out, I divided it into little container for freezing
7) Now I have some food I can’t reach on the bottom of my blender for this I just add some more formula and water and blend her on up!
8) I then pour that mixture into a jelly jar or a large glass, whatever….and stick it in the fridge. Now that stuff is just a little too thick for the bottle, so I just use it to make her rice. Add the mixture to rice and stir. boom got me some baby food.
This post needs pictures….hey I am going to the store for some more veggies tomorrow and the baby food making is happening again in the kitchen. Now there will be pictures…